39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Partagez | 

Mistletoe & Cinnamon

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Invité

Mistletoe & Cinnamon Vide
MessageSujet: Mistletoe & Cinnamon   Mistletoe & Cinnamon EmptyMar 31 Jan - 20:04

When they finally arrived in front of Iain's cottage, Rory was tired, freezing and simmering with rage. His jaw was still painfully clenched and his eyes were staring daggers at anyone unlucky enough to cross his gaze. To say that the day had been eventful would be the understatement of the year. Rory had gone through each end of the emotional spectrum several times. He had been going from heaven to hell and back again all day. Happy to bring Coke home to his family, frustrated to be stuck in the Hogwarts Express, and then... Then she had kissed him. He could still remember the warmth and softness of her body against him, her delicious weight on his lap. The taste of her lips, the feel of her teeth against his neck, the softness of her hands and the burning pleasurable pain of her nails marking his skin. The low rumble of her voice, hoarse and sexy. The taste of the tender skin of her earlobe on the tip of his tongue. She had offered them some privacy with the help of a few spells, and he had almost lost his internal struggle to stop her, stop himself. She had said she hoped the train wouldn't leave again for a long time, and he had desperately wanted to believe that it wouldn't and that he could just keep on making out with her without any care in the world. Only, it was a very public place, a baby had just been born two compartiments over and there was a lot of traffic on the corridor. It was only a matter of time before someone came knocking on their door. So, his reason finally took over and he stopped them - by holding her so tightly to him that she couldn't kiss or touch him anymore. He said that someone was bound to come check on them eventually, but that he would be more than happy to take up where they left off in a more private place. And it was a good thing he did, because soon after...
    The train was starting again slowly, when the bloody Minister of Magic had embarked. That numpty spewed out baseless accusations against Muggle-borns and ordered his goons to force all students from Grindelmonk to alight the train. Rory had asked Coke to trust him and just comply for know, telling her that fighting it would (sadly) only make it worse. If they resisted they would be fired from Hogwarts and sent straight to Azkaban. They were just looking for scapegoats and he wasn't going to volunteer. Rory had wanted so, so much to break a few jaws, he had seen himself dislocating the shoulder of the bugger holding him, and breaking every finger of the minger touching Coke. But he knew it wouldn't help them, not with the Minister of Magic just in front of them. Lying low was the best solution, no matter how much it hurt him. They led them to a building he didn't recognize. Once inside they separated them to proceed with their interrogations and took his wand. They didn't see Joan hiding under his clothes, or just didn't care. He soon understood that those questionnings were just a front, they already knew who they were going to blame and it wasn't him. He had been scared out of his mind that they had chosen Coke, that she should have tried to break free when she still could. That he had made an enormous mistake when he had asked her - begged really - not to resist. When they finally left him free and given him back his wand, he had wanted to just blow them all away to look for her, kill them all if he had to. When he stepped outside he sworn to himself that if she wasn't there waiting for him he would go back and fight his way to her. To his great relief she had been there. He had called out to her, held her so tight in his arms to feel the warmth of her body and smell the scent of her skin. Her nails had dug into him, like the claws of a cat taking a claim and refusing to ever let go.
    When he finally let her go, he saw that the Ministry of Magic had left the students of their House to fend for themselves. The Hogwarts Express had left, and of course the Ministry didn't offer them any other mean of transportation to get to London. Those who could disapparated, tightly holding hands with other students to take them along. Rory had his Apparition License and he had thought about Apparating in London with Coke, but Apparating felt absolutely awful and he hadn't wanted to subject her to that. On top of it several students were still left stranded and alone, and Rory couldn't just leave them high and dry. Luckily for them, once they reached the Muggle World they found out they had been left in Glasgow. They went to Buchanan Bus Station, purchased tickets for the National Express to London, Rory paying for those who didn't have enough money on them. Luckily for him, Joan stayed hidden under his clothes. They all looked pretty conspicuous with their weird luggages and animals, and he tried to explain it away by saying they were on a themed school trip. He wasn't sure the guy bought it, but he clearly didn't care enough to cause trouble. While waiting for the coach they called their families to put them up to date, the students who had cellphones lending them to those who didn't. They also shared some chocolate from the Wizarding World, which was a well-known remedy against all ailments. When they got on the coach the youngests were still cowed and a little traumatised, but the sits were confortable enough for some of them to sleep it off during the way.
    Rory had been feeling paranoid ever since they got arrested. He had stayed close enough to Coke that their shoulders and thights would touch, their hands brushing against each other... But he had always kept on her left side so that she could still reach for her wand without any difficulty, and it was very hard for him to let her hold his hand. It was obvious that she needed it, her grip was so tight he could feel his bones slide against each other. But it made him feel angsty and on edge. His eyes kept darting back and forth, looking absolutely everywhere. They had sat on the coach's first row, so that he could jump on any threat getting on the bus. He had asked the older students to take the back row to look after the youngest and to face the alley. Asked the youngest students to sit by the window, so that their eldest would protect them. He also sat on the alley side, unable to bear the idea of Coke standing between him and a possible threat. It took them 8 hours and a half to get to London Victoria Coach Station, roughly as long as the Hogwarts Express. They had waited until the students whose parents were coming got picked up, then took the Knight Bus with the rest.
    They finally made it, only four hours late. Rory took a deep breath, trying to unclench his jaw, to calm himself. When he rang the bell he heard the ruckus of hurried footsteps running towards the door from the other side. The door opened almost wide and fast:
    "Rory! Cocoon!" his uncle cried excitedly.
    "Come in, come in! You must be freezing" came his mother's melodious voice.
    Rory did, caressing Coke's hand for the first time that evening. He felt the warmth and smell of firewood, the Christmas scent of cinnamon reaching his nostrils. "Come sit close to the chimney. Do you want some tea? Hot chocolate? Mulled wine? I'm Rory's mother by the way, name's Siobhan" she added for Coke's sake. "Iain, Rory's uncle." "And I'm the boyfriend, Iain's I mean, Garbhàn""I should warn you, I put up some Wizard Mistletoe. It's moving constantly, but there's a bell attached to it... Though you probably won't hear it. And you know the rule: once caught under it, you'll stay stuck until you kiss! A kiss on the cheek will be fine though." "WELCOME HOME!" bellowed his father, and everyone else echoed him instantly, an old family tradition. Rory's family laughed heartily and happily, glad to have them home. "And I'm Rory's father, Canton." All the tension left Rory's body, so suddenly that his legs almost gave out under him. They were home.
    Rory took a deep, steadying breath and said: "Okay guys, calm down you're all over the place. We're all going to sit down around the fire, and then we'll do the introductions again. Slowly, calmly, with a wee cup of something hot. What do you want, Coke?" he asked while his family sat down with muttered apologies.

Spoiler:

Dernière édition par Rory Lanswood le Mar 14 Fév - 9:39, édité 2 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Mistletoe & Cinnamon   Mistletoe & Cinnamon EmptySam 4 Fév - 14:21

Her Kneazle’s fur was warm. She had never really realized how warm and agreeable it was under her fingers. It was thick and yet incredibly soft, softer than silk of velvet. She could feel as well as hear it purr , and she found comfort in that familiar sound. She had cut out anything else only to focus on the softness of its fur, the warmth of its body in her arms against her heart, and the sweet low sound of its purr. She had become ignorant to everything that wasn’t her Kneazle. The cold and hard, unwelcoming feeling of her luggage on which she was sitting; the dampness of the air around her, filled with the unknown noises of that unknown street; the distant voices of other Grindelmonks who weren’t Rory; the sudden and violent “crack” sounds of their disapparating.

Once she had been given back her wand and set free, she had found herself outside, not knowing where she was nor where she was supposed to go or what she was supposed to do. She had stood one moment in the street, waiting for Rory to come to her if he was already outside. But by the several calls of her Kneazle, she understood that there was no known person or place around them. They were lost, and on their own. The thought of calling her parents was brushed away within seconds. She couldn’t leave without knowing where was Rory. She couldn’t possibly go without knowing what had happened to him. Never mind she was supposed to go to his uncle’s place, that wasn’t the point! She just couldn’t leave him behind!

So she was there, sitting on her luggage, her Kneazle in her arms on her knees to keep her against the cold that had beginning to get through her. She had been able to keep track of the time by some distant bell which rang the quarters, half-hours and hours. Waiting for Rory, thinking of everything that could’ve happen to him, of every places he could’ve ended, had brought her near madness. She was now cutting out all the things unknown . All she was thinking about was the softness and warmth of her Kneazle’s fur… “COKE!!!” “Rory!” When they recognized his voice, her Kneazle jumped off of her knees to run to his legs, and Coke jumped off her luggage to welcome him. She barely had the time to fully rise that Rory had collided to her. He was a beater, and in consequence, was rather massive next to her; large shoulders, hard muscles, quite tall too, you see the picture. With his usual delicacy, he had run to her, or into her, so that when her jaw had encountered his shoulder, her teeth had clenched and she had bitten her tongue. She hadn’t complained though, for her mouth was covered by Rory’s shoulder, and really she was too relieved to see him; and she could always exorcise the pain by clutching her nails in his back.

Coke took all her time to enjoy again the feeling of his body against hers, his scent, the sound of his breathing, the beating of his heart against her chest. She didn’t let go of him, not even after he parted from her. She kept his hand tight in hers, sometimes touching his arm with the other, staying close against his side as much as she could. She hold his hand while he was taking the lead, opening the way to the bus station, followed by the rest of the other students, holding her luggage only with her other hand. She let go of him just the few seconds he needed to handle the money and purchase the tickets, and then immediately seized his hand again while he was trying to make out a story about their luggage and owls. She took the closest seat next to him while they called parents and took chocolate. Holding Rory’s hand and petting and Kneazle, she didn’t touch her cup. All of the stress had brought back the noose that the ASDENEMO attacks had tightened to her stomach.

When they got into the coach, she had to really let him get away from her for the first time. He had proposed to carry her luggage and she had had to give him room so that he wouldn’t get it into her. So she had sat where he had indicated her, bringing back her knees against her chest and holding her Kneazle against her. She remained in this position for the entire journey. Letting their arms touch, she started to relax after an hour, although she wouldn’t manage to sleep. Feeling sheltered beside Rory, she would lay her head on his shoulder until her neck hurt. She didn’t utter a word during the whole journey, letting her head fill with notes and melodies of songs, her fingers moving subconsciously on her knees as if pressing guitar cords, her lips sometimes whispering some sounds, sometimes words. When they got out of the bus, she could tell by the freezing air that it was already night. She got warm against Rory while waiting some of the parents to come get their children. Then they took another bus and Coke listened to the automatic voice calling the stops, until she felt Rory move next to her, preparing the luggage before standing up. They walked a little, then Rory began to read aloud the numbers of the houses, his voice getting higher with expectation at each number. She could tell they were almost there.

Rory stopped. She heard the muffled sound of a bell inside the house. At the numerous galloping feet she heard, Coke moved one step aside behind Rory’s shoulders. Then the door opened. “Rory! Cocoon!” “Come in, come in! You must be freezing.” Nice voice. “Come sit close to the chimney. Do you want some tea? Hot chocolate? Mulled wine? I'm Rory's mother by the way, name's Siobhan” Coke followed Rory inside. If her ears were deaf with the multitude of voices, her nostrils could detect all sorts of wonderful scents. “Iain, Rory's uncle.” “And I'm the boyfriend, Iain's I mean, Garbhàn” “I should warn you, I put up some Wizard Mistletoe. It's moving constantly, but there's a bell attached to it... Though you probably won't hear it. And you know the rule: once caught under it, you'll stay stuck until you kiss! A kiss on the cheek will be fine though.” “Careful to my Kneazle.” Was all she answered. With all these people pressing around, she was afraid it was going to be trampled upon. She let go of Rory’s hand and took it from the floor, just to be sure. “WELCOME HOME!” “Mew!” “WELCOME HOME!” “And I'm Rory's father, Canton.” Coke didn’t know what to do. Her luggage, her Kneazle, Rory’s hand, she couldn’t hold on to everything with only two hands. “Okay guys, calm down you're all over the place.” Answered Rory to his family. His voice was infinitely warmer than it had been for the whole day. While giving instructions to the students, he had been tensed and a little bit brisk at some moments, and Coke had sometimes had some difficulty to recognize him. But now she found her Rory again. “We're all going to sit down around the fire, and then we'll do the introductions again. Slowly, calmly, with a wee cup of something hot. What do you want, Coke?” She wasn’t thirsty nor hungry. Right now, she wanted to get rid of her luggage and coat, and to cuddle up against him somewhere warm and calm. Yet she answered. “Some milk thank you. I think Owl might be thirsty.”
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Mistletoe & Cinnamon   Mistletoe & Cinnamon EmptyDim 12 Fév - 14:01

“Careful to my Kneazle” said Coke, obviously not hearing a word that was said amidst all the confusion and voices. Suddenly Rory’s hand was empty and panic shot through his throat, his heart leaping out of his chest. His hand shot out, ready to pull her back to him and fast; he barely stopped himself in time. His anxiety was back full throttle, he could barely breathe with the weight of it on his chest. He didn’t take her hand back though, she needed it to hold Owl. He tried to calm his heart, reminding himself that they were home and safe. It wasn't enough. He needed to touch her, to feel her against him, here and safe. So when his family welcomed them home with enthusiastic cries, instead of answering with his traditional "I'm home", he simply asked them to settle down and let them sit around the fire. Truth was, he wanted to be able to snuggle against Coke as soon as possible. His nerves were starting to fail him and he actually had to struggle not to hold her into his arms as tightly as he could and never let her go. So he concentrated on what she really needed, which was to get warm. When he asked her what she wanted to drink though, she only answered: “Some milk thank you. I think Owl might be thirsty.” Rory frowned. He turned towards his mom and asked: “Mom, could you bring me some really hot mulled wine and a cuppa tea please?” “Course love, I'll be right back” she answered. He turned towards Cocoon and told her softly “You don't have to drink it if you don't want to, but at least let it warm your hands.” he said, almost pleading. He took off his jacket and unravelled his scarf carefully, stirring Joan awake. He looked around and smiled softly when he realised everyone had done as he said and was waiting patiently. He whispered to Coke “Mom’s in the kitchen and everybody else is sitting.” She let go of her Kneazle and took off her jacket as well. “Just put it on your luggage, Iain’ll take care of it” he said, doing the same. Her hands now free, he laced his fingers through hers and let out a small sigh of relief. Not enough, it wasn’t enough, he was still anxious. On edge. He led her to the couch with the help of Owl, holding himself back so he would not rush her. Merlin he just wanted to run there, pull her on his lap and hold her against his chest so tight they wouldn’t be able to breathe anymore. But he paced himself, let Owl miaow to signal her when it was safe to sit. He then sat next to her and covered them with a quilt. He suddenly realised that he hadn’t let go of her hand, now resting on his thigh. He wasn’t ready to. He stayed close enough that their ankles, knees, thighs, torso and shoulders were touching, and their arms were as tightly laced together as their hands. He was leaning towards her when Owl jumped on their thighs, letting him come back to his senses. He had been on the verge of burying his face against her neck. He bit his lip and scratched the Kneazle behind his ears with his free hand, marvelling at the silkiness and warmth of his fur. He then searched through his pocket, retrieved some chocolate and gave it to Joan, who took it gratefully. Then she started singing softly: “Please let me hold you till I know that we’re both through this, I couldn’t lead another day without you here in my arms... You look so fragile I could break, but I try to hold myself together for the both of us, but in truth I’m just a scared” “I really missed her singing...” his father said, and Rory realised that they had remained respectfully (and uncharacteristically) silent while they got settled. “The house feels very empty without you two, you’re both so noisy that when you’re not here it takes a while to get used to the silence.” he cleared his throat then continued “Cocoon, I’m Rory’s father, Canton. It’s a pleasure finally meeting you.” Rory smiled when he understood that his father was speaking as much as he could to give her a good sample of his voice. “I’m a newcomer to this family too, name’s Garbhàn. I’m Iain’s lover and he’s the bane of my life” he said, the obvious tenderness in his voice contradicting his words. “He means the joy of his life, obviously” Iain corrected teasingly. “I’m Iain, Rory’s uncle and it’s thanks to me that he’s so closely acquainted with Doctor Beatrice Windsor.” They were clearly all trying to talk as much as possible, and Rory appreciated the effort. He wasn’t sure it would be of much use, since their voices were calm and subdued instead of joyful and excited as they usually were. But it was nice of them to try. “Thanks to...”grumbled his mother reproachfully, on her way back from the kitchen. She put the stray on the table between them and the chimney and took the cups. “Here you are, Rory” she said, putting the cup of mulled wine in his free hand. “Cocoon, here’s the tea. The cup doesn’t get too hot, it should be fine to touch” she said and was careful to present the handle to her first. “As you must have gathered already, I’m Rory’s mother, Siobhan.” she introduced herself while putting the saucer of milk down beside the table, out of Rory and Cocoon’s path in case they wanted to go elsewhere. There was the faint sound of a ringing bell that went unnoticed to all.
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Mistletoe & Cinnamon   Mistletoe & Cinnamon EmptyVen 17 Fév - 13:34

“Mom,” asked Rory while Coke went on scratching her Kneazle’s chin, making it purr. This sound was like magic, it made her relax right away. She then realized she could actually hear it purr. Rory’s family had listened to him, and had become silent. “ Could you bring me some really hot mulled wine and a cuppa tea please?” “AND some milk... I was being serious you know?” she insisted, but her voice was a little bit less harsh that it would usually had been if he had ignored her Kneazle in such a way. She was being happy to be here, finally arrived, and with him… “You don't have to drink it if you don't want to, but at least let it warm your hands.” He said very softly. She answered lowering her voice, but her tone clearly meaning he wasn’t making a point. “I was actually intending to warm them in yours, but…” She heard a rustled noise where he was standing and understood when it brushed her that he was taking off his scarf and jacket. She had a stream of his scent and if she hadn’t had her Kneazle in her hands, she wouldn’t have able to help herself from grabbing it on its way so as to wear it herself around her neck and always having his scent around her. But she simply put her Kneazle on the floor next to her luggage and began to take off her own jacket. “Just put it on your luggage, Iain’ll take care of it” “Alright…” As soon as she had done so, she felt Rory’s fingers sliding between hers and felt him relax a tiny bit. She could still fill him tense, ready to jump, ready to run, more full of energy than usual, and that was saying something. He was being extremely careful though, not to brisk her or to get in her way, as he led her gently in his uncle’s house. She could hear the comforting cracking of a fire, along with its warmth the further Rory led her in the room. Eventually her Kneazle signaled her where to sit and she buried into the deep coziness of the sofa. She felt Rory sit next to her and got closer to him so that their body would touch. She startled a little when she felt something settling on her shoulders, before recognizing the texture of a quilt. She felt satisfied by all this warmth after the freezing walk in the night, the fire, the quilt, and Rory next to her. Surely, it wouldn’t be long before it would be too hot for her, but for now, she was relieved. “Mew?” She felt her Kneazle’s paws on her legs and drew out her hand, touching its fur as it slided under her fingers onto Rory’s knees. She wondered that her companion had grown so accustomed to her friend. Her Kneazle usually disliked being touched by someone else than herself. But she could remember that on the very first day they had met, her Kneazle had liked Rory so much he had been against his ankles almost at once. “…and could you PLEASE STOP DOING THAT! YOU DON’T RUB YOURSELF TO PEOPLE WHEN I’M SHOUTING AT THEM” she could remember herself screaming. They had gone through so much in just a year. In the first days he was so impulsive, so noisy and so energetic she had to force herself not to attack him when he got around her unexpectedly. Now he was ever so caring and so gentle. It was almost by his way to be careful to her that she could recognize him, along with his lively voice and his natural scent. She had to admit she sometimes missed the times when he would hold he so firmly she would barely move.“Please let me hold you till I know that we’re both through this, I couldn’t lead another day without you here in my arms... You look so fragile I could break, but I try to hold myself together for the both of us, but in truth I’m just a scared” Coke’s head being so close to Rory’s shoulder, she heard Joan as if she was singing in her ear. It wasn’t annoying though, just a bit awkward, as if the creature was singing especially for her of her need for its master. Coke suddenly felt hot, especially on her cheeks, and hoped it was only due to the warmth of the fire or the quilt. She was expecting to receive any teasing remarks now, but simply heard, quite relieved, “I really missed her singing...”Was it the voice that had shouted their welcome a few minutes ago? Now that it was calm and speaking normally, she wasn’t so sure of herself. “The house feels very empty without you two, you’re both so noisy that when you’re not here it takes a while to get used to the silence.” Coke silently made a tender laugh, merely a whisper. She had the impression to hear her own father but through another voice. That’s exactly what he’d say about her and her guitar when she came back home in the summer after she had played a long while in the intimacy of her bedroom. It pleased her, that Rory’s relatives also thought that of him. It wasn’t every day they could find a common point between them… “Cocoon, I’m Rory’s father, Canton.” Coke pulled out of her daydream at the mention of her name. “It’s a pleasure finally meeting you.” “And y…” “I’m a newcomer to this family too.” cut another male voice, but Coke didn’t feel that upset. Most of the time, when people cut her, it was because they assumed that since she couldn't see, she couldn’t speak or listen to either. That was different. That was somebody trying to reach to her, to find similarities so that she would feel right at home. “Name’s Garbhàn. I’m Iain’s lover and he’s the bane of my life.” he went on without an ounce of sincerity in his last words. She was very tempted to answer that she felt exactly the same about Rory, but refrained, although she and Garbhàn would have definitely been friends being in such alike situations. “He means the joy of his life, obviously” “Obviously!” she confirmed on the same teasing tone. “I’m Iain, Rory’s uncle and it’s thanks to me that he’s so closely acquainted with Doctor Beatrice Windsor.” There she was lost. She knew Rory had to go frequently to the hospital wing because of some medicine he had to take recently (she had grown use to hear Joan singing about Coke on his knees). But she also knew he had to go there because he had run into a fight, or because of a quidditch session that would have ended badly. “Thanks to...” That was the nice singing voice… not full of congratulations. Rory’s uncle had definitively learned him something he shouldn’t have… “So you learned him how to fight?” she asked with a certain enthusiasm in her voice. “I’m not sure I have to thank you for that…” she went on with the same teasing tone, giving a nudge to Rory. After all, that was how they had met, but really, having her arm torn behind her back had not always been a piece of fun. Coke heard the clinging sound of the ashtray being put somewhere, and Rory’ s mother giving his hot drink to her son. “Mew!” “Cocoon, here’s the tea. The cup doesn’t get too hot, it should be fine to touch” Coke raised her hands very slowly, until her fingers touched the cup and grabbed it. It was quite amazing to see her move this way, half-angel or ghost, moving at another pace, as if from another world, and suddenly becoming back human, well, witch. “As you must have gathered already, I’m Rory’s mother, Siobhan.” “Thank you very much Missis… well, thank you Siobhan… Mam. Coke didn’t know how to call her. She had always unconsciously prepared to call her by her last name, but since she only had her first name… “Mew!” After having quite mingled and eventually lost her words, Coke drank a sip of tea to occupy her mouth while it still couldn’t utter another word from awkwardness. She was trying to make a good impression but if she couldn't say a word without stammering, maybe she would best reach her goal by being the most silent as possible. “Mew!!!” The hot tea got down her mouth and her throat, burning her, but getting her warm inside. Suddenly, it was as if her body completely changed of mind. She hadn’t felt thirsty nor hungry during the whole day, but now it seemed she would never get enough. The multitude of faint scents gave her an idea of all the delicious plates still to come, and the tea, the vapours of tea coming from her cup to her nostrils felt amazing. She took another gulp from her cup, half-emptying it at once. “Your tea’s amazing, Mi… S… Mam. Mshmam. Oh shut up Coke! “Mmmmmmew!!!” “WHAT?!!! Coke wasn’t usually annoyed at her Kneazle, but she could tell. These weren’t the usual guiding meows. These were the cat meows. Her Kneazle had been insisting for quite a moment now, coming up and back on the sofa and their knees. Its persistent mewing and moves helped her from focusing on Rory’s family. She was trying to remember the voices, the accents, the scents, but incessantly disturbed by it, she couldn’t succeed efficiently. Of course, not hearing nor seeing the bell hanging from the mistletoe, she couldn’t get that her Kneazle was a cat indeed, and put a cat under a bell hanging at the end of a string, it wants to play…
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Mistletoe & Cinnamon   Mistletoe & Cinnamon EmptyMer 29 Fév - 9:56

“Please let me hold you till I know that we’re both through this, I couldn’t lead another day without you here in my arms... You look so fragile I could break, but I try to hold myself together for the both of us, but in truth I’m just a scared” Joan sang, and it felt like she was laying his heart completely bare for everyone to see. He glanced at Cocoon, and saw that she was leaning toward him… He felt a rush of warmth shoot through his body at seeing her want to be so close to him. And then she blushed, the colour as fascinating on her as it was confusing. Was she embarrassed to know that he needed her that much? Was it making her uncomfortable? He considered giving her some space... but he just couldn’t. He felt so good, finally, after such a hellish day... Well, hellish except for the part where she was kissing him. He could still remember how she felt on him, the taste of her kiss, of her skin, how hard it had been to stop kissing her, touching her. And how scared he was that it was a one-time deal, that maybe she wouldn’t want to kiss him anymore. Would she do this out of boredom, to pass the time? He really didn’t think so, but after all what did he know? It wasn’t like he understood women well, or at all really. He stifled a sigh and decided to stop worrying. After all, wasn’t she holding his hand, leaning towards him and letting him snuggle against her side? His family started to introduce themselves one by one, and Rory observed her reactions from the corner of his eye. She seemed comfortable, quite cheerful even. He heard her utter a tender laugh that was music to his ears at his father’s introduction. Then she played along with his uncle’s and his lover’s banter with a nice teasing tone. It suddenly hit him that he was feeling happy, content. He was warm and comfortable, almost ready to doze off. All the anxiety leaving his body left him so relaxed all his muscles were like pudding. Then his uncle's introduction pulled him out of his daze: “I’m Iain, Rory’s uncle and it’s thanks to me that he’s so closely acquainted with Doctor Beatrice Windsor.” Rory raised his eyes to the ceiling in a "why-is-this-happening-to-me" gesture. It wasn't like he was deliberately hiding the story of how he met the Doctor to Coke. He never intended to lie to her or anything, but it was just that... he kinda liked the fact that she didn't know about his freakishness. He couldn't help being scared that finding out he sometimes turned into a huge balloon would be a major turn off for her. He still remembered in painful, vivid details his first girlfriend's reaction. Oh well, he had to tell her sometime.... “So you learned him how to fight? I'm not sure I have to thank you for that” she said, nudging him playfully."What does she mean by “I’m not sure I have to thank you for that”, exactly?” asked his dad, muffled by Ian’s groan “Don’t tell me she doesn’t know already” “Well…” “Oh hell, what did I do” “I had to maintain a bit of mystery” Rory defended himself. His uncle moaned dramatically, slapping his forehead hard enough to leave a mark. Garbhàn chuckled, murmuring “Careful love, don’t hurt yourself” Her mom handed them their drinks, grumbling reproachfully “He didn’t teach him how to fight, oh no, his uncle In... Ian” she stumbled, correcting herself at the last minute with a slanted glance towards her brother “he sent him to Saint Mungo all by hisself” she said, her Scottish accent suddenly very strong.“Mom... it was mostly his student’s and my allergies’ fault.” Her mom just puffed angrily, refusing to acknowledge the point. “Cocoon, here’s the tea. The cup doesn’t get too hot, it should be fine to touch” she said, putting an end to an argument that was very old and sounded it. Owl started mewling, but Rory got distracted by Coke’s hand leaving his. His first instinct was to grab it back and his fingers actually twitched before he could stop himself. He frowned, his hand felt awfully empty without hers and he didn’t like it one bit. He could feel a spike of anxiety seizing his chest and he suddenly scowled, hard. Bloody hell, when did he turned into such a sissy? Yeah, they got arrested and detained, but he could have bloody well kicked the arses of any of those guys, with or without his wand. He wasn’t a weak little boy, and Cocoon sure as hell wasn’t a feeble little girlie. They were stronger than that, for Helga’s sake. He watched Coke raise her hands in a slow, flowing gesture that was so in control and so graceful. Then she grabbed her cup without any hesitation, clearly knowing exactly just where it was. Yeah, she was strong. He got out of his thoughts and took a sip of his wine that was just warm and spicy enough. Absolutely delicious. “Thank you very much Missis… well, thank you Siobhan… Mam." Her mom smiled fondly and opened her mouth to answer, got distracted by a loud “Mew!” and a sudden feline prowling. Before she got her focus back Garbhàn apologized: “Sorry, Cocoon. You must feel quite lost, it’s an old story-” “Old story!” Rory’s mother interrupted loudly and indignantly “And quite a sore subject too” cut Ian tiredly. Owl mewed again and they all looked at him distractedly. Rory stole a glance at Cocoon and saw her take a small sip of her tea, as if not sure her stomach would accept it, and then her demeanour changed from hesitant to eager. She took another huge gulp and said: “Your tea’s amazing, Mi… S… Mam.". His mom answered: "You can call me Siobhan, dear. Well, if that makes you uncomfortable, Mam would be fine, but not Step-mother though, it would make me sound like the villain in a fairy tale..." Rory chocked, suddenly beet red. “What?” his mom asked and Rory was grateful when his father started talking: “What did she mean when she said “I’m not sure I have to thank you for that?”” his tone was bewildered, sounding like he had been pondering over that question during all that time. Oh really, his dad should know him better than that. “I used a Krav Maga technique on her the first time we met.” Rory answered distractedly, since Coke’s Kneazle was still mewing and jumping on and off his knees. The sudden silence made him raise his eyes and he saw his entire family looking at him as if he had suddenly sprouted a second head. “What?! She had a wand to my throat!”he cried defensively. “I sense a new epic Lanswood story coming up...” Garbhàn joked, his last word interrupted by a particularly loud “Mmmmmmmew!” "WHAT?!!!" Coke yelled at her Kneazle, and they all finally focused on the feline. They stared at Owl for a few seconds, then simultaneously followed his gaze up. Rory laughed softly and murmured in Coke's ear: "There's some mistletoe above us, and its bell is making Owl crazy. So if you want him to calm down, we need to set it on its merry way by kissing.” he marked a pause, then whispered “Trust me?” he said, then caressed her cheek with the tip of his fingers before moving closer to her. He wasn't sure what that kiss on the train had meant yet, and since he clearly didn't want to take advantage of her or make her uncomfortable in front of his family, he wasn't going to kiss her on the lips. So he leaned toward her, slowly, brushed the corner of her lips with his and kissed her right there, half on the lips and half on the cheek. He felt a jolt of pleasure and desire rush through him, and he had to stop himself from lingering. He wanted so much to kiss her full on the lips, to taste her again. She felt so good... he moved away, reluctantly. His kiss had lasted too long and been to tender for her to think it was meant to land on her cheek. But from where they were standing, his family would assume it had been a simple friendly peck. He just wanted her to know that he was fine with being and or acting as a friend in front of his family, or being her lover. “Lady’s choice” he murmured so only she could hear him, his voice on the husky side and a teasing grin on his lips. “What the hell happened when you first met?” his dad let out suddenly, and his mom intervened “Oh, do stop buggering them! It’s clearly a long story, and they’re clearly dead tired from the trip. If they feel up to telling it, fine! If not, leave them alone for Pete’s sake!” “You’re right. Sorry, love” his dad apologized sheepishly, and got a kiss in reward. “So, want some mulled wine Coke? It’s gorgeous, really you should try it love” Rory asked casually, to finish defusing the tension.
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Mistletoe & Cinnamon   Mistletoe & Cinnamon EmptyJeu 19 Avr - 15:02

"What does she mean by “I’m not sure I have to thank you for that”, exactly?” Safely cuddled against Rory, the warmth of his body and the heat of the hearth getting to her, Coke could let go of her usual mistrust. Sleepiness getting to her without her actually noticing, she still hadn’t really had the speaker’s names, but she was unconsciously getting their personality while drifting away. “Don’t tell me she doesn’t know already”The uncle, honest. “Well…” “Oh hell, what did I do” Protective of his nephew. “I had to maintain a bit of mystery” Rory, close enough for his voice to resonatie in her chest as if it was her own. “He didn’t teach him how to fight, oh no, his uncle In... Ian”The mother’s beautiful musical voice, defensive of her son. “He sent him to Saint Mungo all by hisself”. “Mom... it was mostly his student’s and my allergies’ fault.” Rory’s attractive conforting voice, defensive of his uncle. They all seemed very protective of each other. Having this conforting thought in mind, Coke let go even more of her consciousness, getting one step closer to bed. The long, hard, scary day that had passed was already forgotten. She had altogether stopped thinking and was all about sense now, Rory’s strong shoulder, the warm fire, the delectable cinnamon, the music of Rory’s voice.

“Cocoon, here’s the tea. The cup doesn’t get too hot, it should be fine to touch” Coke had slightly jumped, although only Rory could have felt it by the closeness of her body. All of her senses got back to her at once. Her Kneazle’s restlessness, all of the members of Rory’s family. “Mew!” “Sorry, Cocoon. You must feel quite lost, it’s an old story-” “Old story!” “And quite a sore subject too.” Quite soon, her sleepy mind had to select the few sensations it was still apt to process. Right now, Rory’s body, the fire’s heat, and the delicious taste of Siobhan’s tea. She could still hear the different voices around her, the soft, the loud, the musical, but was able to actually listen to what they were saying only when it was Rory speaking. “I used a Krav Maga technique on her the first time we met.” She could suddenly sense it again, the hard grass and dust on her face, Rory’s weight on her back, the dolorous twist of her arm. It was amazing how everything about Rory had turned from pain to pleasure… Something pulled her out of her thought. But what? Nothing was to be heard. Actually that was it, nothing was to be heard. Silence. Silence had fallen. “What?! She had a wand to my throat!” Coke emitted a soft, low laugh that shouldn't have been reassuring to anyone normal. “I sense a new epic Lanswood story coming up...”“Mmmmmmmew!” "WHAT?!!!" Her insensent Kneazle's complaining was getting to her, getting her mind on edge as it as drifting to peaceful sleep.

A silence, then Rory's soft laugh before he gently whispered to her ear. "There's some mistletoe above us, and its bell is making Owl crazy. So if you want him to calm down, we need to set it on its merry way by kissing.” The logic of her mind would have been to torn away the bell and send it to her Kneazle so that it could play with it at will. But somewhere in her sleepy mind, Rory was talking about kissing and that made her somewhat considering the alternative. “Trust me?” By the intensity of his breath, Coke could tell Rory had moved closer, his mouth a few millimenters from her lips.

And then it touched them, delicately, as softly as a feather, but warmly and fully, without doubt nor hesitation. It was just tender, and very caring, as if kissing her too powerfully could hurt her (and knowing Rory's strength, she guessed it actually could). It was funny, how a few hours earlier, she was fully tasting his mouth, desperatly clinging to his body, his shoulders, his chest. How it had all been about burning desire, hunger, passion, and now it was all about tenderness, intimacy... love. How he was bending towards her, touching her from so far away, and yet from so close, as if against her, the warmth of his body melting with the heat of the fire and totally encircling her. His kiss was so light, half on her lips, half on her kiss, and yet it was just as burning, and even more penetrating than the one they had exchanged on the Hogwarts Express. She couldn't possibly guessed what she liked best, the passion or the tenderness, the brushing or the bitting, the scaring nails or the warming presence.

“Lady’s choice” he whispered as he moved away from her. She relaxed, and therefore noticed just as tensed she had gotten. Just as if she could have jumped on him at any moment, ever so motionless she had remained. Now Rory's warmth was again separate of the one from the fire, and the corner of her lips felt marked to life by a burning scar. “What the hell happened when you first met?” Coke jumped. She wondered if she had fallen asleep again and all of this had just been a dream.“Oh, do stop buggering them! It’s clearly a long story, and they’re clearly dead tired from the trip. If they feel up to telling it, fine! If not, leave them alone for Pete’s sake!” “You’re right. Sorry, love” Coke opened her mouth, about to ask shamelessly if he had just kissed her or if she had fallen asleep, but as she was gathering her breath, Rory spoke before she did. “So, want some mulled wine Coke? It’s gorgeous, really you should try it love” That answered her. He sounded so casual, so far away from the soft whisper she had felt previously. She must have definitely been dreaming. "No, thank you. I think I'd better go to bed, I can't tell if I'm awake or if I'm sound asleep anymore..."
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Mistletoe & Cinnamon   Mistletoe & Cinnamon EmptyMer 9 Mai - 18:19

Rory was quite happy, relieved even that his mother intervened in his favour. He didn’t really feel up to explaining how they met; it was a long story and he was getting tired. Saying that the day had been eventful was an enormous understatement and the extreme emotions he had gone through had left him drained. So he quickly jumped on the occasion to change the subject by offering Coke some homemade mulled wine, to which she answered: "No, thank you. I think I'd better go to bed, I can't tell if I'm awake or if I'm sound asleep anymore...". As soon as she said that, Rory realised that her eyes kept drifting shut. So much for not taking advantage of her: had she even noticed him kissing her? His mom seemed as ashamed of herself as he “I’m so sorry dear, of course you must be exhausted. Let’s get you to bed “ Ian rose immediately, always the graceful host: “All your stuff’s already in the bedroom, I’ll lead you there right away” Rory put his cup down and gently took Coke’s away to do the same “No need, I know where it is. I should go to bed too anyway, day’s not exactly been restful for either of us.” he said, helping her up carefully. “Right. I’ll just...umm... let you set up the bed however you want.” Ian answered, seeming embarrassed though Rory couldn’t quite figure out why. Too tired to think about it, he just gently led Coke to the bedroom with a “Good night” thrown over his shoulder. He barely noticed his family’s replies, he was too busy trying to lead her as carefully as possible, because even though Owl was helping she seemed so tired he wouldn’t be surprised if she just fell asleep right on the spot and crashed to the floor. Plus, Joan was also falling asleep on his shoulder and he had to make sure not to move too much so she wouldn’t lose her grip. He was relieved when they finally reached their destination; Owl swiftly jumped on the bed and mewled. Coke let him go, took off her shoes and socks before falling on the bed and burrowing under the covers. Rory put Joan down on a tiny pillow on the desk before undressing down to his boxers and pulling on a large t-shirt. It was only after changing that he froze, realising first that Coke had still been in the room while he was undressing and second that there was only one bed. So that’s what Ian meant about “setting up the bed” however they wanted to... He walked closer to Cocoon and murmured: “Coke, love, there’s only one bed... Do you want me to split it in two?” When she didn’t react, he insisted softly “You’ll have to get up for me to do that...” She only groaned and went deeper under the covers. And the truth was, he was too tired, too lazy, and he wanted too much to snuggle next to her to care. So he just shrugged – the bed was large enough for two anyway – and joined her under the covers. As he was drifting to sleep, Joan’s voice slipped into his newly formed dream “I just want to watch you sleep as you lie there beside me. So close your eyes I’ll guard the door and when you’ll wake you’ll wake with me. And when you’ll wake...”
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Mistletoe & Cinnamon   Mistletoe & Cinnamon EmptyVen 18 Mai - 15:04

Cocoon woke up at the sound of Rory's heart calmly beating under her ear. They hadn't moved since they'd fallen asleep, entertwined in each other's arms. She usually didn't stay in bed after waking, but she found it so hard to part from Rory's skin that she faked to be still asleep. She listened to the serene sound of his breath (he luckily didn't snore), took long gulps of their scents, felt the soft warmth of his flesh beneath hers. She started to remember their last night's passionate fight. Rory was the strongest so he seldom had any difficulties in holding her, but she was the fiercest so she often managed to have things her way. They had become more confident and daring than the first time they woke up together. Coke sighed at the remembrance of their first round, and so betrayed herself being awake. Owl jumped from the edge of the window where he slept at night and ran to his mistress, whose face was half visible under the sheets. She silently laughed as her Kneazle's whiskers tickled her nose and rose from Rory's bed. She put her nightie back on and took her Kneazle in her arms. Beyond his purr, she could hear Joan slightly buzzing and knew she was awake too. The pygmy puff had grown accustomed to her, Coke fed her on the mornings so that Rory could sleep a bit longer, and when Joan started singing Coke's song (that is "diet coke, come on my knees") she would bring her back to Rory's room so they would wake him singing together. The first time she had been on Coke's shoulder, Joan had been a bit scared at first, as if abandonned at the edge of a wild forest. But then, she had been taken by a sudden urge for adventure and dived into Coke's long entangled hair, joyfully singing, teasing Rory where he had been trying to catch her for a full half-hour. Now she had ceased such games and sat calmly on her shoulder, happily covered in Coke's warm hair.

It had been several days now that Coke had lived ine Rory's uncle's house, and she quite knew her ways in the place. When she'd got down the stairs, she hwas guided by a delicious smell of chocolate, cinamon and honney, and the merry talks of the family. Coke recognized the voices of Siobhan and Canton, and Ian and Garbhàn. “What kind of magic have you work again Siobhan?” Coke asked in entering the kitchen. She had started to compare Rory's mother cooking to enchantments the day right after their arrival. But Siobhan's answer got mingled in a rorar welcoming Coke. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!” “We wish you a merry christmas! We wish you a merry christmas...” started Joan at once under her hair. Coke uncovered the Pygmy Puff to show Rory's family she hadn't become a ventriloquist in the night and they all burst out laughing. “Is Rory soon getting up too?.” “He was still asleep when I left him. Thank you.” She had sat next to Ian who was filling her bowl with hot chocolate (Siobhan's real melted hot chocolate). “Shouldn't it be you the most tired? I mean, with all you do at night.” Coke had gotten stiffer, fearing they might finally have heard them, before she remembered the whole family had taken Rory's sweet name for her and called her Batgirl from time to time. Relieved, she laughed with them. “Not tonight. The Joker behaved.” She suddenly found her tone had been a bit more revealing than what she had hoped, but no one noticed... “Well, if he doesn't wake up soon he's going to miss the presents...” “OH! I almost forgot!” jumped Coke. She had left Rory's present in her suitcase. Led by her Kneazle, she went back to Rory's bedroom. She stopped on the door to listen if he was still asleep... Nothing was moving. She silently opened the door and moved with cat's steps to her suitcase. In the piles of books she had taken for homeworks was one neatly packed in goldpaper. Coke had chosen this book which presented every Quidditch team (that Rory surle already knew) but each page sang the team's anthem, and some players' pictures yelled its representative's cry of victory. Coke managed to take it without folding the paper, and closed her suicase just as quietly. She was starting to relax, when Joan could not hold it any longer. “By the time I'm dreaming, and you've crept out on me sleeping, I'm busy in the blissful unaware. Don't wake up, won't wake up, can't wake up. No, don't wake me up...” Coke had frozen, having difficulties to believe in her new friend's betrayal. But other than that, although Joan's had sung loud and clear, Rory hadn't stirred. The sheets hadn't moved... Coke threw him his gift to the face with all her might while she heard him laughing. He had been awake all along!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Mistletoe & Cinnamon   Mistletoe & Cinnamon Empty

Mistletoe & Cinnamon

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1